Welcome to Downtown Toronto
Home to young professionals wanting to be near everything
Downtown Toronto is eclectic, with many different iconic venues and events. It's the main business district of Toronto and can be found within Old Toronto. This area is known for being concentrated with skyscrapers, with modern homes surrounding them, as well as Edwardian, Victorian, Tudor Revival, and Craftsman designs. You'll be amazed by the different options for house designs and will be sure to find one you absolutely adore in this amazing neighbourhood.
What to Love
- Toronto boasts a mix of people, all with different backgrounds to contribute to the vibrant city.
- All of the different neighbourhoods, even with their similarities, have distinct personalities, and there's something unique in every single one.
- It doesn't matter what you're hungry for: Toronto has it! There are tons of options, from Korean to Tibetan to Mexican to Chinese. You can also have your dietary needs met with tons of options for organic, raw, lactose-free, vegan, sugar-free, and gluten-free food.
- If entertainment is important, Toronto has options for theatre, performances, festivals, and many other options.
- If you're interested in doing your part to protect the environment, you'll find Toronto to be walkable and bike-friendly with a simple grid layout.
If you like being where a lot of action is, you'll love Downtown Toronto. It's busy, hopping, happening, and, through it all, exudes a sense of modern and historic elegance. In Downtown Toronto, you'll find all you want, from shopping, entertainment, food and sports/events. If you're looking for someplace that's never dull, Downtown Toronto is for you.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
For some of the best dining experiences, you'll want to go to Michael's On Simcoe. You'll experience an amazing steakhouse experience that features premier steaks. The goal of the restaurant is to offer a fine dining experience for all customers as soon as they walk in the door. A unique option is Canoe, which offers an 8-course tasting menu featuring all Canadian ingredients.
If you're looking for entertainment, check out Bar Raval, which is highly recommended by locals to newcomers. In fact, it's a place where friends gather, have cocktails, and enjoy conversations. Another great option for entertainment is BarChef, which has the philosophy that the most progressive equipment, methods, and materials must be used to get the epitome of cocktails tailored to meet your wishes and create an amazingly luxurious experience.
There are two great places to go shopping in Downtown Toronto. One is St. Lawrence Market. This market has been in operation since 1803, and over 200 years later, the market is still thriving. It hosts over 128 vendors, merchants, and artisans. At St. Lawrence Market, you'll experience Toronto in all its authenticity, from establishing connections with others, sharing stories, and enjoying great shopping. The other is Kensington Market. This market is also vibrant and celebrates the many different cultures found in Toronto, with over 240 vendors.
Things to Do
One of the most interesting places to visit is the Royal Ontario Museum. You'll get to experience dozens of different events. The great part is the Royal Ontario Museum allows for activities for adults and kids, making sure everyone is included. If you like art, you can visit the Art Gallery of Ontario. Here, you'll see different artists and exhibits, depending on when you go. They change often, so you'll want to go often. If you want to combine shopping, food, history, and fun, check out the Distillery District. You'll have an exceptional experience full of memories. If you've got a special event coming up, you can have it here for a memorable experience.